SIG40 Evaluation Board
The SIG40 Evaluation Board modem (EVB) emulates the operation of the SIG40 device in a system. Multiple SIG40 modems can communicate over noisy DC power-line, using the LIN-bus protocol or directly from UART. The EVB contains all the required hardware for multiplex operation such as a line protection network, ceramic filters and a 10V to 36V switching power supply. The modem performs an asynchronous UART protocol over DC power-line at data rates of up to 57.6kbps. It provides a new physical layer transceiver modem for DC power line asynchronous communication. The DC Power-line carrier modem may be connected directly to a host ECU (LIN / UART controller or a PC). Optionally, the EVB may be connected to any UART via a RS232 interface available from Yamar.
- Noise robust DC Power-line carrier Communication.
- Operates with UART or LIN-bus asynchronous serial protocols.
- Selectable data rates 9.6Kbps to 57.6Kbps.
- Selectable carrier operating frequencies.
- Use of low cost ceramic filter(s).
- 10V to 36V operation using switching power supply.
- UART interface.
- Four indication LEDs.
- Small size board (55mm*33mm).