SIG61 Evaluation Board
The SIG61 Independent Slave is a stand-alone solution for DC-BUS slave operating over the power lines, eliminating the need for a micro controller in the salve unit. Multiple SIG61 modules can communicate with at least one SIG60 operating as a master over the DC power line. An example of a system is presented in Figure 1.1. The module contains all the required hardware for remotely reading its 8 input pins or writing to its 8 output pins by a SIG60 master. The hardware contains a line protection network, ceramic filters and a power supply. The Module performs an asynchronous UART protocol over DC power lines at predetermined bit rates. Each module can be configured to an ID address (0-15) by on board resistors. The SIG61 respond to its master commands by either update its output pins or respond to a master command with a message containing its 8 input pins status. The SIG61 module interfaces directly to applications such as sensors or motors through its I/O connector.
- Noise robust DC Power-line carrier Communication.
- Operates with UART or LIN-bus asynchronous serial protocols.
- Selectable data rates 9.6Kbps to 115.2Kbps.
- Switches to select operating parameters.
- Use of low cost ceramic filter(s).
- 10V to 36V operation using switching power supply.
- 8 general purpose input pins, remotely controlled by master.
- 8 general purpose output pins, remotely controlled by master.
- 3 indication LEDs.
- 16 selectable IDs.
- Small size board (55mm*33mm).